Have you ever wondered why you see ink buildup on the edges of motifs in a flexo printing job?
If you have, then this article is for you! Here, we will go over the reasons behind this issue and give some tips so that your next print project doesn’t have to deal with such a messy problem.
What is Ink Build Up?
Ink buildup is a common problem in flexo printing. Ink builds upon the motif edges, causing them to become fuzzy and indistinct.
The ink can also spread and contaminate other parts of the print. Ink buildup can be caused by several factors, Including incorrect printing settings, dirty printing equipment, and insufficient ink supply.
Ink buildup can cause the print to look blurry or distorted. To prevent ink buildup from occurring, it is essential to regularly monitor the printing process and clean the motif edges.
There are a few potential side effects of ink buildup on the edge of a motif.
- It can cause the motif to curl or distort.
- It can make it difficult to print accurately.
Here are some things you need to know
1. Make sure that the printing parameters are set correctly. Incorrect settings can cause too much ink to be used, leading to an increase in ink buildup.
2. Use low-ink printers when possible. These printers use less ink than standard flexo printers, which means there is less chance of too much ink on the motif edges.
3. Always check the print quality before you accept a print job. If there are any problems with the print job, be sure to take it down and try to fix them before printing it again.
This will help become causes or avoid having lots of blurry prints due to Ink Build-Up.
Here are a few tips to prevent this from happening:
1. Always make sure your motifs are correctly cleaned before printing – dirt, dust, and other particles can accumulate over time and lead to buildup.
2. Avoid using too much ink – going too heavy with the print can also cause ink buildup. Keep your print dimensions consistent, and use the correct amount of ink for your paper type.
3. Always keep a supply of cleaning solutions on hand – if ink buildup becomes a problem, simply applying a cleaning solution will usually resolve the issue.
4. Avoid using water-based inks when possible, as they are more prone to causing ink buildup
Solutions for ink build up on motif edges in flexo printing?
If you are experiencing ink build up on motif edges in flexo printing, there are a few solutions that you can try.
One solution is to use a cleaning agent. There are many different types of cleaning agents that you can use, and the one you choose will depend on the kind of printing press you are using.
If you are using a digital press, you can use an alcohol-free cleaning agent. If you are using an offset press, you can use a degreaser.
Another solution is to change your printing media. You can try using a different type of paper or a particular form designed explicitly for flexo printing.
This article is the part of Problems and solutions in flexo printing series
You can read the title article here – Flexo Printing Problems and Solutions
You can read the next article in the series here: Large area printing defect in flexo printing.